How To Write A Maid/Matron of Honour Speech
Writing a speech is never easy but when you’ve been asked to be the Maid/Matron of Honour at your friend’s wedding, there’s a little extra pressure to pull off a great speech.
Here’s my top 5 tips to writing a great speech!
- Start by thanking the couple for choosing you as their Maid/Matron of Honour and a compliment.
- Include a brief history of your relationship with the Bride & Groom or how you met them.
- Then tell a little history of the Bride & Groom’s relationship.
- Include a couple of short, funny and interesting stories about the couple or your relationship with them. (A story you’ve told a thousand times is best so you don’t need to memorize it)
- Finally, include what the bride means to you & why the couple are special to you, followed by a toast to the new Mr & Mrs.